Difference between revisions of "Shift Signup Procedure"
(Created page with "= Overall Procedure = KK Campers - We are trying a new method of shift signup this year, which we hope will make it easier for everyone in the camp to sign up for a shift and...")
Revision as of 19:55, 4 August 2017
KK Campers - We are trying a new method of shift signup this year, which we hope will make it easier for everyone in the camp to sign up for a shift and to see what they signed up for. The goal is to eliminate the 20 or so hours of work that it takes to coordinate shift schedules. Will this work? well, that depends on whether you can all follow relatively simple instructions.
SOOOO ----- READ THE BELOW IN ENTIRETY BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING. DO NOT FUCK THIS UP. DO NOT CAUSE CHAOS. DO NOT RUING MAN LIKE YOU RUINED YOUR CHILDHOOD WITH YOUR ASPIRATIONS OF GREATNESS. REALLY. I CAN GO ON BUT YOU SHOULD GET THE POINT BY NOW -----
Remember, each KK camper must sign up for AT LEAST three shifts in total. One kitchen, one Kostume/Crafting, and EITHER (a) a MOOP Shift or (b) another Kostume/Crafting shift.
Returning KK Campers and people doing early arrival will be given first access to the shift signup. After a day or two, I will open it up to all campers. You may wonder if this is fair. I ponder the same. Lets discuss over a drink.
Steps to Shift Signup
- Access the Google document. The document can be accessed from: (a) the link on the appropriate page (Kitchen, Kostume/Crafting, and Moop), (b) the email that you got when I shared the document with you, (c) ask and you shall receive.
- On each document, you will find a list of names of people eligible to sign up for a shift. If your name is not there, it may be because you are not eligible to sign up for that shift at that time (See, for example, Moop Shifts for details on how those shifts will prioritized). If your name is there twice, it is because you need to sign up for two shifts of that type.
- Scroll down the document and see
- Remember, you must be logged in to edit this document. Edits are tracked. We will know who messed this up, or if you erase a name, or add a slot or otherwise plan unfair. Justice will be swift and probably no very pleasurable.
- Remember, if you read the above and deem this to be outside of your technological capabilities, you are to reach out to DK and tell him what shifts you want and he will enter it for you. Better to ask for help than to ruin the sheet for everyone.