4/10 Meeting Minutes & Next steps
What a great meeting last week! Very exciting to see so many new faces... Looking forward to getting to know you all better as we prepare ourselves for the burn.
This message provides an overview of some of the things we discussed during the meeting, as well as what comes next. Please read all the way through!
- First of all, if you plan on camping with us, please make sure that you have been added to both the KKBM14 mailing list and Facebook group! If you are not on there, you are not camping with us! To get added, please contact me and let me know your email address as well as Facebook name (if you're on FB).
- If you know of any friends, lovers or partners that you think should camp with us, get them in touch with us! We already have a great group of veteran burners and virgins alike but we are still open to new campers. We hope to more or less have our final list of campers together by mid-June.
- Tickets! While the ticket situation seemed to be somewhat dire this year, it looks like only a small group of likely campers is in need of tickets at the moment. If that means you, don't panic! We can't make any guarantees but given the experiences of previous years it is extremely likely that you will find a ticket! Whatever happens though, do NOT pay more than face value for any tickets or vehicle passes. We will also work together as a camp to get confirmed campers in touch with their tickets. We already have a number of extra tickets available within the camp and we will start pairing those up with campers in need. To that end:
- if you are in need of a ticket (or a vehicle pass) please let me know ASAP!
- call out to all campers: if you know of anybody who is selling tickets, let us know immediately so we can try and get those tickets in the hands of our campers.
- Events! Several fundraisers and other events are coming up (Black&Light Ball, dance parade, Figment, freaKKshow to name just a few). Fundraisers are an important part of our funding for the burn. We will need your help to make those a success, and have a blast while we're at it! More details to follow as those events come near, but for now save the date for Black&Light Ball on May 10!
- Pods! We will talk lots more about pods and all the other things you need to know to survive at the burn in upcoming meetings. For now though, it is important to know that you will need to organize yourselves into pods, which are groups of typically 10-20 campers. So start making friends and figure out who you want to have sleeping in the tent next to you for a whole week or more (this might involve inquiring about snoring habits ;-)