MOOP Shifts 2017
From Kostume Kult Wikki
- 1 2017 NEW AND IMPROVED MOOP REDUCTION PLAN
- 2 POD MOOP LEADS
- 3 MOOP SHIFTS OVERVIEW
- 4 MOOP SHIFT SIGNUP PROCEDURE
2017 NEW AND IMPROVED MOOP REDUCTION PLAN
- See the Slide Show for some key info on what MOOP is about, cleanup is about, and how KK did last year (hint, we are ashamed)
- Some key changes to our plans for Build week this year:
- Dedicated Build MOOP Lead - David Kiss and Liana
- All cutting will be done only inside a container
- More Pre-playa fabrication
- we will work very hard to keep an orderly build site, with all tools put away at every break and especially overnight
- NO WOOD STORED ON BARE PLAYA. USE PROTECTION ALWAYS. REALLY. TAKE IT FROM DADDY. JUST ONE TIME IS ALL IT TAKES.
- MOOP Shifts
- This is not supposed to be the easy shift, please don't do it wrong. Its not a time to mope around and pick up a few obvious items. It is time to fight hard for the future of our placement and our event, and to put your efforts in. Realz.
- At the start of each MOOP Shift, the MOOP Czar for the shift will give a detailed set of instructions on how to use magnet sweepers, rakes, how to look for MOOP, How to do line sweeps, etc.
- This is NOT about just walking around and looking bored (or even looking simply fabulous with a rake). This is about actually finding the MOOP. (Yes, I repeated that. Because it is important)
- OUR CONTINUED ESPLANADE PLACEMENT DEPENDS ON YOUR VIGILANCE (More repetition. Don't forget this kids)
- Waiting for the end of the week is not effective, because of the way that things shift and blow around.
- PODS and POD LEADS are going to be held accountable. During MOOP shifts, we will identify problem areas within pods and make them accountable to clean it up. Don't let your pod become a mess.
- PROBLEM PODS RISK POD EXECUTION!! (maybe)
- BREAKDOWN ENDS TUESDAY, AFTER ALL CONTAINERS HAVE BEEN MOVED
POD MOOP LEADS
Rainbow Unicorn Burnstars
- Danisa Arias
- Coli Bri
Fortress of PODitude
- Circe Reid
- Jeffrey Thompson
Cuddle Pod/Wiggle room
- Sorcha Mackenzie
- Mika Revell
- Chad Gallagher
- Wabi Sabi
- Rome Odem
- Filomena Daniels
- RJ Jordan
- Ryan Daniels
MOOP SHIFTS OVERVIEW
Build Week Sweep Schedule
- During Build week, there will be a MOOP sweep before sundown, at the end of every Build Day (or in the middle, if people will be building during dark hours).
- This sweep will be led by David Kiss once he arrives. Before, the Build team will handle on their own.
- MOOP sweep will include picking up all of the MOOP, but also putting away all tools and identifying potential MOOP Issues
Burn Week Sweep Schedule
- Starting Monday of Burn Week, there will be a MOOP sweep each morning around 11:00 AM which will focus on getting frontage ready from the night before (removing MOOP as well as any people who are MOOP). This shift will be composed of 3 Campers and one Lead.
- Starting Monday of Burn Week, there will also be an afternoon shift, which takes place at 5:30 PM, which will be a full-camp MOOP Sweep. IN DEPTH. This shift will have 10 Campers and one lead.
- Each shift will start out with a class on how to properly sweep and find and pick up the MOOP.
MOOP SHIFT SIGNUP PROCEDURE
- Click here to See the schedule of MOOP Shift. MOOP shifts are now full, and if you didnt get one, you will find your name an extra time on the Kostume/Crafting signup when that opens!
- Please see the Shift Signup Procedure for more info on how shift signup will work this year. We are trying a new system this year, so please make sure that you understand it all before you attempt to sign up for shifts.
- NOTE: Please allow the veteran KK Campers (people who have been to BM before) first priority for MOOP shift signup. Once the shift list is up for two days, I will open it up to all campers.
- NOTE: Please make sure that you are not signing up for two shifts on the same day. Really. Really really.
- SUPER IMPORTANT NOTE: There are not enough MOOP shifts to go around, and so anyone who does not do a MOOP shift must sign up for a second shift on frontage (Kostume/Krafting).