6-27-17 Camp Meeting Minutes: Difference between revisions
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(Created page with "=CONTAINER UPDATE= * The 4th Container (which was originally provisional) has been confirmed! All purchases are a go, and this container will remain on sale until it is full....")
Revision as of 14:22, 28 July 2017
- The 4th Container (which was originally provisional) has been confirmed! All purchases are a go, and this container will remain on sale until it is full. Not sure when that will happen, so if you need more space or have not purchased space yet, or know others who need space, now is the time to get them onboard. There will not be another one after this (Edit: There actually is another one, which is now confirmed as well).
KK HAS BEEN PLACED! 5:00 AND ESPLANADE
- This is a new space for us, and very exciting
- We will be finalizing the camp map and space needs over the next few weeks.
RADICAL SELF RELIANCE, PODS, LEADERSHIP
- CAMP IS CLOSED - WE ARE NOT TAKING ANY NEW PEOPLE
- ALL DUES EXTENSIONS ARE OVER. PLEASE ASSUME THAT YOU HAVE TO PAY ASAP.
- If you are newbie and don't have lots of questions, you are not preparing right. Please reach out to everyone around you and get up to speed and be aware of what to do and how to be prepared.
- Your leaders live this, all the time, for many hours. Please dont make them suffer because you are not on point.
- We should not have to remind you of this, but apparently we do: you are responsible to find your own pod. Finding a pod means having a conversation with pod leaders and getting accepted. If the pod doesnt know you are in it, you are NOT in it. Pod members work as a group. Pod leaders are not there to do your work, but to help you know when and what work you should be doing at their direction. When you show up, first duty is to help your POD build itself and be properly and safely put together. Shade is collaborative and we build it TOGETHER. Shade is not built for you by magic elves, because magic elves only exist at Rainbow Gathering and not at Burning Man.
- Its super important this time of year to answer emails, read your messages, go to meetings, ask questions, etc. We need everyone to be on their game so that camp runs the best ever.
- Full dues for the camp are $475
- Go here for details: http://www.kostumekult.com/kkbm17/dues/
- The second half of dues is payable ASAP, with a hard deadline of July 27th. After that, your space in camp is no guaranteed and there will be a late fee which will grow ever larger as time passes.
- If you paid the $200 early dues like a good camper, you just need to pay the $275 now. Please bear in mind that dues are $475 net of any fees or other costs to us. So, follow the directions on the website. If you incurred fees on the first half which brought you below the 200, you need to pay more now to make up for it. This was mostly the case for international payments. Let us know if you have any questions or need to know what you owe.
RV DUES AND DETAILS
- RV dues are $1000 per RV. This is in addition to camp dues for each camper in the RV.
- This covers an electrical hookup for the RV, as well as pump and fill (grey/black water and clean water) three times during the week
- YOU NEED TO EMAIL ME (DK) FOR EACH RV:
- make and model of RV (if you have it)
- Class A or Class C
- 30 or 50 Amp
- Who is staying in it
- What POD it is in
- TICKETS - If you are not in STEP and not trying to get a ticket on your own, you will not be offered a KK ticket.
- We are doing well with tickets, but not sure everyone will get one from us at this time.
- As it plays out, you will be contacted and offered tickets. Please make sure to buy/sell ASAP when offered. Please let me know if any questions. Expect to pay for all fees and shipping costs associated with the ticket sale. Expect to pay for any costs to get the ticket to you and any fees with the transfer of money to the seller. Please handle that ASAP and then let me know when completed. Be Nice to each other.
- IF YOU HAVE AN EXTRA TICKET FROM OUR DIRECTED GROUP SALE, YOU MUST SELL IT TO THE PERSON I ASSIGN TO YOU AND NOBODY ELSE.
KK BURNER BUS
- KK is once again chartering their own Burner Bus. This will leave from the Sands and go straight to our camp. will leave from our camp and go straight to the Sands
- Incoming bus on Saturday August 26th. Outgoing Monday the 4th
- You do not need an early arrival pass
- you can bring two pieces of luggage and a bike.
- You will want to be in Reno at least Friday mid-day so you can do your last minute shopping etc.
- Burner Bus is FUN and skips the main line so its faster, which is GREAT
- More details, and info on how to sign up, will be coming SOON.
CAMP ROLES AND PARTICIPATION NEEDED
- Come speak to DK if you want to do this
- Its a great way for VETERAN KK CAMPERS ONLY to get involved in our camp leadership process
- Learn how it works, poke it, make it work better
- Come speak to DK if you want to do this
- Open to even new campers
- great way to learn more about camp stuff and how it all works while not diving in toooo deep
Kitchen Meal suggestions or day leads
- Speak to Joelle M.
Schwag Lead Needed
- Speak to Marianna
Moop day leads
- Speak to Liana/Teagan
MOOP Pod Lead
- (each pod needs its own MOOP lead) - speak to your POD leaders and then let Liana/Teagan/Buttfairy know who it is
- will be early august for main shift stuff
- We need people to stay until Tuesday. Please speak to Isa/Mark/Ken
Good times kids, glad you made it to the end, there is some candy in my van if you just follow me.