Camp Dues 2015
LATE FEE *** LATE FEE *** LATE FEE
As of today Tuesday 7/28, all dues below incur a LATE FEE of $50, regardless of method of payment. The links at the bottom will automatically add this late fee. If you are paying by direct paypal or chase quickpay, please add $50 to the amounts mentioned below!
2015 Camp dues: $420 for regular campers / $400 for campers in RVs.
2015 RV fees: $720 per RV (one time payment per RV)
2015 dues reductions: As in previous years, we offer dues reductions for our builders and breakdown crew. These reductions will be reimbursed after we come back from the playa, and on the condition that our camp did not go significantly over budget due to unforeseen circumstances (catastrophic weather, infrastructure breakdowns, etc…) Reductions are:
- $100 for Monday early arrivals (this means arrival before noon 8/24! )
- $50 for Wednesday early arrivals (this means arrival before noon 8/26!)
- $50 for breakdown crew who stay until the bitter end when we close the containers and leave the playa together.
Read on below for more info and ways to pay!
NOTE: Camp Dues and RV Fees are payable by July 21! We have lots of vendors to pay, and we need the money as soon as possible. Dues paid after the due date will be subject to a gradually rising late fee, starting at $50.
Your camp dues are what make everyday camp life go round! Camp dues are used to pay for food, electricity and construction of common infrastructure such as frontage, showers, etc. This year we will have porta-potties in camp for the first time, which is why there is a difference for RV vs. non-RV campers, as RV campers have already paid for their RV pumping costs.
We recognize that dues are a significant cost of your burn, but please bear in mind that all of us are volunteers, nobody gets paid, and your entire dues go towards financing our camp. Moreover, even the full dues do not cover the per-person cost of running an esplanade frontage camp like we do. We have major expenses on art, costumes (even donations need to be shipped), food, water, electricity, etc so that we truly give back to the community and making the burn an amazing experience for everyone. We have year-round fundraising events in order to allow us to keep dues at a reasonable level, and that hard work is done by a few core members of our community time and time again. About 25% of camp budget comes from those fundraiser events.
As for dues reductions: they are also at the discretion of camp leaders in case someone arrives late (Monday / Wednesday early arrival means you need to be in camp before noon so you can help out in a meaningful way that day), or if someone is not helping out with build in a significant way.
RV fees are $720 per RV and they are a one time payment per RV. RV dues cover the cost of power, water tank filling and pumping for the RVs. It is up to each RV crew to figure out who in that RV will pay the RV fee.
Payment - No Fee Options
You have multiple options to pay your dues. Avoid credit card fees by paying through these means:
- In cash or check (made out to Costume Cultural Society) to Isa or Jungle
- By Chase Quickpay to email@example.com
- By PayPal to firstname.lastname@example.org. You MUST do the following to avoid fees:
- Log on to your paypal
- Click on "Send Money", then "Send money to friends and family"
- Send $420 or $400 (tent / RV camper) to email@example.com (note: this is a private paypal address as paypal blocked our account temporarily in part because we were getting too many 'friends and family' transactions. So, we're trying to stay out of trouble while still allowing you to avoid transaction fees)
- You MUST use your bank account or paypal balance, otherwise we will get charged a fee! DO NOT make things harder on us by neglecting this!
For our international campers: the no-fee options mentioned above may not be available. If you know of another convenient option to transfer money without fees internationally, please let us know and we’ll try to accommodate it.
If you must use a credit card, use the Quick Links below. Paypal fees will automatically be added…
Payment - by Credit Card through Paypal - Fees will be charged!!
The links below will take you to paypal and allow you to pay with a credit card. Fees will automatically be charged! Do not use these links if you want to avoid fees. See above for no fee options.